The Last Dragon a 1985 cult classic by director Barry Gordy, follows a teenager named Leroy Green who longs to become like his idol, Bruce Lee. Because of the character’s obsession with the star of Enter the Dragon, fans often refer to him as “Bruce Leroy.” Making its world premiere on our front page, the lead single off Thad Reid‘s next album doesn’t have much directly to do with the aforementioned film, but it does tell the story of an ambitious youngin who chases his dreams, and gets the girl along the way. Beatsmith Don Suave’ crafts a lighthearted, electic beat to back the Virginia repper as he reflects on his hustle and pays homage to his high school sweetheart, topping his instrumental off with a thematically-appropriate vocal sample from the Tribe’s Can We Kick It. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on Thad’s Unadulterated Reid LP, dropping next Tuesday, February 25, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.