The Last Dragon a 1985 cult classic by director Barry Gordy, follows a teenager named Leroy Green who longs to become like his idol, Bruce Lee. Because of the character’s obsession with the star of Enter the Dragon, fans often refer to him as “Bruce Leroy.” Making its world premiere on our front page, the lead single off Thad Reid‘s next album doesn’t have much directly to do with the aforementioned film, but it does tell the story of an ambitious youngin who chases his dreams, and gets the girl along the way. Beatsmith Don Suave’ crafts a lighthearted, electic beat to back the Virginia repper as he reflects on his hustle and pays homage to his high school sweetheart, topping his instrumental off with a thematically-appropriate vocal sample from the Tribe’s Can We Kick It. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on Thad’s Unadulterated Reid LP, dropping next Tuesday, February 25, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Thad Reid has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, Unadulterated Reid. A concept album broken up into four sections, the project presents the Virginia native's most personal work...
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)