The Last Dragon a 1985 cult classic by director Barry Gordy, follows a teenager named Leroy Green who longs to become like his idol, Bruce Lee. Because of the character’s obsession with the star of Enter the Dragon, fans often refer to him as “Bruce Leroy.” Making its world premiere on our front page, the lead single off Thad Reid‘s next album doesn’t have much directly to do with the aforementioned film, but it does tell the story of an ambitious youngin who chases his dreams, and gets the girl along the way. Beatsmith Don Suave’ crafts a lighthearted, electic beat to back the Virginia repper as he reflects on his hustle and pays homage to his high school sweetheart, topping his instrumental off with a thematically-appropriate vocal sample from the Tribe’s Can We Kick It. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on Thad’s Unadulterated Reid LP, dropping next Tuesday, February 25, via The DJBooth.
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.