The Last Dragon a 1985 cult classic by director Barry Gordy, follows a teenager named Leroy Green who longs to become like his idol, Bruce Lee. Because of the character’s obsession with the star of Enter the Dragon, fans often refer to him as “Bruce Leroy.” Making its world premiere on our front page, the lead single off Thad Reid‘s next album doesn’t have much directly to do with the aforementioned film, but it does tell the story of an ambitious youngin who chases his dreams, and gets the girl along the way. Beatsmith Don Suave’ crafts a lighthearted, electic beat to back the Virginia repper as he reflects on his hustle and pays homage to his high school sweetheart, topping his instrumental off with a thematically-appropriate vocal sample from the Tribe’s Can We Kick It. Feeling it? More fresh tunes await on Thad’s Unadulterated Reid LP, dropping next Tuesday, February 25, via The DJBooth.
Written by richard on 02/18/14
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.