They say your spouse/significant other should be your best friend, but Thad Reid doesn’t see it that way. On the latest single release off his new Booth-hosted street album, Reid poses some preliminary questions to a girl that he’s considering wifing. If her answers aren’t what he wants to hear, however, then it sounds like they will have to settle for just being Best Friends. Veteran producer Shuko centers his boardwork around a chopped Amy Winehouse sample, which he interweaves with a funky, colorful rhythm section. Reid matches the beat’s energy with a charismatic, intriguing flow. Want to be Reid’s Best Friend? Then be start the relationship off on the right foot by downloading The Attic, available free of charge right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)