They say your spouse/significant other should be your best friend, but Thad Reid doesn’t see it that way. On the latest single release off his new Booth-hosted street album, Reid poses some preliminary questions to a girl that he’s considering wifing. If her answers aren’t what he wants to hear, however, then it sounds like they will have to settle for just being Best Friends. Veteran producer Shuko centers his boardwork around a chopped Amy Winehouse sample, which he interweaves with a funky, colorful rhythm section. Reid matches the beat’s energy with a charismatic, intriguing flow. Want to be Reid’s Best Friend? Then be start the relationship off on the right foot by downloading The Attic, available free of charge right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Thad Reid has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, Unadulterated Reid. A concept album broken up into four sections, the project presents the Virginia native's most personal work...
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)