They say your spouse/significant other should be your best friend, but Thad Reid doesn’t see it that way. On the latest single release off his new Booth-hosted street album, Reid poses some preliminary questions to a girl that he’s considering wifing. If her answers aren’t what he wants to hear, however, then it sounds like they will have to settle for just being Best Friends. Veteran producer Shuko centers his boardwork around a chopped Amy Winehouse sample, which he interweaves with a funky, colorful rhythm section. Reid matches the beat’s energy with a charismatic, intriguing flow. Want to be Reid’s Best Friend? Then be start the relationship off on the right foot by downloading The Attic, available free of charge right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.