They say your spouse/significant other should be your best friend, but Thad Reid doesn’t see it that way. On the latest single release off his new Booth-hosted street album, Reid poses some preliminary questions to a girl that he’s considering wifing. If her answers aren’t what he wants to hear, however, then it sounds like they will have to settle for just being Best Friends. Veteran producer Shuko centers his boardwork around a chopped Amy Winehouse sample, which he interweaves with a funky, colorful rhythm section. Reid matches the beat’s energy with a charismatic, intriguing flow. Want to be Reid’s Best Friend? Then be start the relationship off on the right foot by downloading The Attic, available free of charge right here in The DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 05/7/13
Submit your Rating
Blue Collar Muzik
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Can't Live Without You (Functional Addict 2)" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.