If all goes well, you won’t remember a second of your trip to Vegas. While it is easy (and often beneficial) to forget your evenings spent in Sin City, I don’t think you will have trouble remembering Tha Joker‘s latest single, Vegas Nights. An entry in the rapper’s ongoing #TooColdTuesday series, the song features a steamy beat from Big Fruit, who blends a cool, string arrangement with a slick clapping beat to set off the track’s chilled-out vibe. Tha Joker’s unique, slightly-slurred flow is undeniably, shall we say, flexible, fitting the production to a T. A song about Vegas wouldn’t be complete without a verse from one of the city’s own, in this case Funk Volume fast riser Dizzy Wright, who gets all nostalgic when discussing his hometown. This is Joker’s second DJBooth feature spot, following 2013’s Can’t Change.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/23/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.