Booth newcomer Tha Joker might be on the fast track to success, with his latest single featuring both Tito Lopez and Booth favorite, Big K.R.I.T, but rest assured that no matter how much success the emcee experiences he Can’t Change. Making a grand entrance in the DJBooth, Joker uses his engaging, sung-rap vocals, painted atop production from TyTy America, to provide listeners with a honest look into the balancing act of starting a budding rap career. Joker also delivers the record’s hook, spliced between Lopez’ stormy flow and K.R.I.T.’s smooth yet thunderous style, that echos the sentiments shared by his fellow Mississippians. For more from Joker, be sure to check out his latest project, The Explanation, out Monday.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.