Booth newcomer Tha Joker might be on the fast track to success, with his latest single featuring both Tito Lopez and Booth favorite, Big K.R.I.T, but rest assured that no matter how much success the emcee experiences he Can’t Change. Making a grand entrance in the DJBooth, Joker uses his engaging, sung-rap vocals, painted atop production from TyTy America, to provide listeners with a honest look into the balancing act of starting a budding rap career. Joker also delivers the record’s hook, spliced between Lopez’ stormy flow and K.R.I.T.’s smooth yet thunderous style, that echos the sentiments shared by his fellow Mississippians. For more from Joker, be sure to check out his latest project, The Explanation, out Monday.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.