Though his debut album, Against the Wall, earned overwhelmingly positive reviews when it dropped in April of ‘06, Tha Advocate remains one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Currently, the Jersey native/Newburgh, New York resident is getting ready for the February release of his new mixtape, Barmaggedon, followed by his sophomore album, Designed To Be Signed, this upcoming August. Like many underground artists, Tha Advocate has a nostalgic streak to him; on 9678, he discusses the notable events of ‘96, ‘97, and ‘98, from classic albums like Jay-Z‘s Reasonable Doubt and the Fugees’ The Score to the untimely deaths of 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. (followed, fittingly, by a conversation with Jeff Burna about said times). With a reggae hook by J.D. Artist and production by Chris Prythm, 9678 not only serves as an anthem for old-school fans, but also as an expression of hope for hip-hop’s future.
Listen to More: Tha Advocate
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where I Come From ft. Stat Quo, Big Lou, & Mr. Probz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.