Though his debut album, Against the Wall, earned overwhelmingly positive reviews when it dropped in April of ‘06, Tha Advocate remains one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Currently, the Jersey native/Newburgh, New York resident is getting ready for the February release of his new mixtape, Barmaggedon, followed by his sophomore album, Designed To Be Signed, this upcoming August. Like many underground artists, Tha Advocate has a nostalgic streak to him; on 9678, he discusses the notable events of ‘96, ‘97, and ‘98, from classic albums like Jay-Z‘s Reasonable Doubt and the Fugees’ The Score to the untimely deaths of 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. (followed, fittingly, by a conversation with Jeff Burna about said times). With a reggae hook by J.D. Artist and production by Chris Prythm, 9678 not only serves as an anthem for old-school fans, but also as an expression of hope for hip-hop’s future.
Listen to More: Tha Advocate Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where I Come From ft. Stat Quo, Big Lou, & Mr. Probz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!