Though his debut album, Against the Wall, earned overwhelmingly positive reviews when it dropped in April of ‘06, Tha Advocate remains one of hip-hop’s best kept secrets. Currently, the Jersey native/Newburgh, New York resident is getting ready for the February release of his new mixtape, Barmaggedon, followed by his sophomore album, Designed To Be Signed, this upcoming August. Like many underground artists, Tha Advocate has a nostalgic streak to him; on 9678, he discusses the notable events of ‘96, ‘97, and ‘98, from classic albums like Jay-Z‘s Reasonable Doubt and the Fugees’ The Score to the untimely deaths of 2Pac and the Notorious B.I.G. (followed, fittingly, by a conversation with Jeff Burna about said times). With a reggae hook by J.D. Artist and production by Chris Prythm, 9678 not only serves as an anthem for old-school fans, but also as an expression of hope for hip-hop’s future.
Written by Burmy on 01/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Where I Come From ft. Stat Quo, Big Lou, & Mr. Probz" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.