Being serenaded by Tank, Ginuwine and Tyrese all at once sounds like a scenario out of a female R&B fan’s dreams, but there’s no need to pinch yourself—I assure you, this is real. Formed way back in 2007 but kept in abeyance by the members’ various label affiliations, the TGT supergroup finally make their official entrance onto the scene with debut single Sex Never Felt Better. Brandon “Bam” Alexander mans the mixing boards on this epic bedroom burner, looping vocoded backing vocals over a slow-rolling rhythm section as the trio prepare a lucky lady for the evening’s activities. The result of their collaboration is so steamy that I fully expect to see a spike in the birth rate nine months from now. TGT’s
currently-untitled studio debut, 3 Kings, is scheduled to drop via Atlantic Records before year’s end. In the meantime, watch out for the February release of Tank’s latest solo mixtape, High Piano Dreams.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view TGT’s Matt Alonzo-directed Sex Never Felt Better visual.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Don't Go (Remix) " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.