Being serenaded by Tank, Ginuwine and Tyrese all at once sounds like a scenario out of a female R&B fan’s dreams, but there’s no need to pinch yourself—I assure you, this is real. Formed way back in 2007 but kept in abeyance by the members’ various label affiliations, the TGT supergroup finally make their official entrance onto the scene with debut single Sex Never Felt Better. Brandon “Bam” Alexander mans the mixing boards on this epic bedroom burner, looping vocoded backing vocals over a slow-rolling rhythm section as the trio prepare a lucky lady for the evening’s activities. The result of their collaboration is so steamy that I fully expect to see a spike in the birth rate nine months from now. TGT’s
currently-untitled studio debut, 3 Kings, is scheduled to drop via Atlantic Records before year’s end. In the meantime, watch out for the February release of Tank’s latest solo mixtape, High Piano Dreams.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view TGT’s Matt Alonzo-directed Sex Never Felt Better visual.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please Don't Go (Remix) " (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.