From ending a relationship, to achieving a goal, to achieving your goal of ending a relationship (guess how my love life’s been going lately) there‘s no better way to draw things to a close than by simply stating “It’s a Wrap.” Tez McClain, a young ATL emcee appearing on DJBooth for the first time today, knows the power of saying “It’s a Wrap,” and he’s titled his new worldwide premiere accordingly; except instead of romance his difficult relationship is with the music industry. Backed by a simple, energetic beat from Music 4 Food, Tez and featured fellow ATlien Donnis spit a few quick bars on their plans to flip this musical indie release into some major national success. While It’s a Wrap feels more like an episode than a feature film, McClain does display his talents on the track, but do listeners think he has what it takes to become a blockbuster rapper? If so, be sure to look out for Tez’s Wishful Thinking Mixtape, hosted by Don Cannon. Until then: lights, camera…
Written by Sigurd on 02/17/10
Submit your Rating
RMG Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jordans and a Gold Chain" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.