From ending a relationship, to achieving a goal, to achieving your goal of ending a relationship (guess how my love life’s been going lately) there‘s no better way to draw things to a close than by simply stating “It’s a Wrap.” Tez McClain, a young ATL emcee appearing on DJBooth for the first time today, knows the power of saying “It’s a Wrap,” and he’s titled his new worldwide premiere accordingly; except instead of romance his difficult relationship is with the music industry. Backed by a simple, energetic beat from Music 4 Food, Tez and featured fellow ATlien Donnis spit a few quick bars on their plans to flip this musical indie release into some major national success. While It’s a Wrap feels more like an episode than a feature film, McClain does display his talents on the track, but do listeners think he has what it takes to become a blockbuster rapper? If so, be sure to look out for Tez’s Wishful Thinking Mixtape, hosted by Don Cannon. Until then: lights, camera…
Written by Sigurd on 02/17/10
Submit your Rating
RMG Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jordans and a Gold Chain" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.