Hate it or love it, the Internet has quickly become the number one artist-launcher in the entire music industry. Proof of that phenomenon is 17-year old, Star Trak signee Teyana Taylor, who is busy telling all her listeners to “Google Me” on her debut single. Although well-known production duo The Neptunes own her label, producer Jazze Pha steps in to provide a block-party syncopation (a rhythm that puts the emphasis on the beat) with which label bosses Pharrell and Chad have borrowed quite a few times. Like we’ve said before, never underestimate the power of the information superhighway. Taylor will release her debut, From A Planet Called Harlem, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Girl (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)