Hate it or love it, the Internet has quickly become the number one artist-launcher in the entire music industry. Proof of that phenomenon is 17-year old, Star Trak signee Teyana Taylor, who is busy telling all her listeners to “Google Me” on her debut single. Although well-known production duo The Neptunes own her label, producer Jazze Pha steps in to provide a block-party syncopation (a rhythm that puts the emphasis on the beat) with which label bosses Pharrell and Chad have borrowed quite a few times. Like we’ve said before, never underestimate the power of the information superhighway. Taylor will release her debut, From A Planet Called Harlem, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Girl (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.