Hate it or love it, the Internet has quickly become the number one artist-launcher in the entire music industry. Proof of that phenomenon is 17-year old, Star Trak signee Teyana Taylor, who is busy telling all her listeners to “Google Me” on her debut single. Although well-known production duo The Neptunes own her label, producer Jazze Pha steps in to provide a block-party syncopation (a rhythm that puts the emphasis on the beat) with which label bosses Pharrell and Chad have borrowed quite a few times. Like we’ve said before, never underestimate the power of the information superhighway. Taylor will release her debut, From A Planet Called Harlem, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Girl (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.