Hate it or love it, the Internet has quickly become the number one artist-launcher in the entire music industry. Proof of that phenomenon is 17-year old, Star Trak signee Teyana Taylor, who is busy telling all her listeners to “Google Me” on her debut single. Although well-known production duo The Neptunes own her label, producer Jazze Pha steps in to provide a block-party syncopation (a rhythm that puts the emphasis on the beat) with which label bosses Pharrell and Chad have borrowed quite a few times. Like we’ve said before, never underestimate the power of the information superhighway. Taylor will release her debut, From A Planet Called Harlem, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Girl (Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.