Hate it or love it, the Internet has quickly become the number one artist-launcher in the entire music industry. Proof of that phenomenon is 17-year old, Star Trak signee Teyana Taylor, who is busy telling all her listeners to “Google Me” on her debut single. Although well-known production duo The Neptunes own her label, producer Jazze Pha steps in to provide a block-party syncopation (a rhythm that puts the emphasis on the beat) with which label bosses Pharrell and Chad have borrowed quite a few times. Like we’ve said before, never underestimate the power of the information superhighway. Taylor will release her debut, From A Planet Called Harlem, later this year.
Written by Burmy on 02/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I Need A Girl (Remix)" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.