First things first, there’s absolutely nothing cool about D.riving U.nder the I.nfluence, unless that D.U.I. isn’t about hopping into your SUV after one too many Patron shots but is instead a romantic metaphor sung to some smoothed out R&B production. No longer signed to Star Trak/Interscope, Tenaya Taylor’s finally cleared to start pumping music out into the public and she’s taking full advantage, following the Wale-assisted Make Your Move with new release D.U.I.. Hit-Boy, best know for Ni**as in Paris, takes his foot of the gas here, instead crafting a synth-laden R&B jam for Teyana to tell her tale of love-drunk lust over in her signature smoky voice. But it’s the addition of two hip-hop heavyweights that truly get this track stopped at the sobriety checkpoint, Fabolous and Jadakiss. The former adds his signature punchline driven bars to the opening verse (did the Rodney King reference go too far?), while on the back end Jada returns the favor for Rock Wit Me by lacing the cut with his raspy vocals. So DJBooth Nation, now that you’ve had a couple tastes, are you eager to drink down The Misunderstanding of Teyana Taylor EP, set for release this March?
Written by Nathan S. on 02/26/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Google Me ft. Jazze Pha" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)