What’s Yung Texxus been up to since April ‘08, when he stepped into the Booth with the club-centric Buss It Open (Remix)? Do you even need to ask? In addition to feeding the Southern streets wiith dope tunes, Mista Green’s been happily puffing away at his bud of choice: The Blue Dream. Known for its energizing and mood-elevating effects, the hybrid weed strain receives a fittingly faded hip-hop tribute in this new mixtape leak, which finds beatsmith Kyle Owens flipping a sample from Blue Foundation’s Eyes on Fire into a dreamy backdrop for the blunted ponderings of Texxus and a Booth-approved collaborator. After the headliner’s said his piece, Carolina repper (and freestyle series alum) Tom Hardy takes center stage for an unusually moody guest 16, expressing his increasing frustration with the music biz: “You wonder how your favorite artist get a f*cked-up brain? From playing in a f*cked up game.” A worthy listen regardless of whether or not you partake in the green, this hazy cut and much more can be found on the DJ Scream/DJ Blurray-hosted Throw-Aways 3: The Final Chapter.
Written by richard on 01/18/11
Submit your Rating
Desert Storm/State City Music/Green City
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Buss It Open (Remix) ft. Yung Joc" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)