Hip-hop and fashion have always been good friends. The music is the most important part of the movement, but there is a larger culture, and artists like Tevon Rease are bridging the gap. His Booth debut, Notions, (which is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is presented by Fred Lozano‘s Cleveland-based streetwear brand, rêver(cœur); Lozano even contributed the artwork. As for the song itself, it, too, is a work of art. Ric and Thaddeus‘s unique production, which fuses an ambient fog with some cutting, trap-inspired drums, is the perfect backdrop for Rease’s powerful rhymes. The punching drums really accentuate his cutting, brash flow. Notions will appear on a forthcoming, currently-untitled mixtape, due out in early May, so check back with The DJBooth soon for more info.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.