Hip-hop and fashion have always been good friends. The music is the most important part of the movement, but there is a larger culture, and artists like Tevon Rease are bridging the gap. His Booth debut, Notions, (which is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is presented by Fred Lozano‘s Cleveland-based streetwear brand, rêver(cœur); Lozano even contributed the artwork. As for the song itself, it, too, is a work of art. Ric and Thaddeus‘s unique production, which fuses an ambient fog with some cutting, trap-inspired drums, is the perfect backdrop for Rease’s powerful rhymes. The punching drums really accentuate his cutting, brash flow. Notions will appear on a forthcoming, currently-untitled mixtape, due out in early May, so check back with The DJBooth soon for more info.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.