Hip-hop and fashion have always been good friends. The music is the most important part of the movement, but there is a larger culture, and artists like Tevon Rease are bridging the gap. His Booth debut, Notions, (which is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is presented by Fred Lozano‘s Cleveland-based streetwear brand, rêver(cœur); Lozano even contributed the artwork. As for the song itself, it, too, is a work of art. Ric and Thaddeus‘s unique production, which fuses an ambient fog with some cutting, trap-inspired drums, is the perfect backdrop for Rease’s powerful rhymes. The punching drums really accentuate his cutting, brash flow. Notions will appear on a forthcoming, currently-untitled mixtape, due out in early May, so check back with The DJBooth soon for more info.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.