Hip-hop and fashion have always been good friends. The music is the most important part of the movement, but there is a larger culture, and artists like Tevon Rease are bridging the gap. His Booth debut, Notions, (which is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is presented by Fred Lozano‘s Cleveland-based streetwear brand, rêver(cœur); Lozano even contributed the artwork. As for the song itself, it, too, is a work of art. Ric and Thaddeus‘s unique production, which fuses an ambient fog with some cutting, trap-inspired drums, is the perfect backdrop for Rease’s powerful rhymes. The punching drums really accentuate his cutting, brash flow. Notions will appear on a forthcoming, currently-untitled mixtape, due out in early May, so check back with The DJBooth soon for more info.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.