Hip-hop and fashion have always been good friends. The music is the most important part of the movement, but there is a larger culture, and artists like Tevon Rease are bridging the gap. His Booth debut, Notions, (which is also a Booth-exclusive world premiere) is presented by Fred Lozano‘s Cleveland-based streetwear brand, rêver(cœur); Lozano even contributed the artwork. As for the song itself, it, too, is a work of art. Ric and Thaddeus‘s unique production, which fuses an ambient fog with some cutting, trap-inspired drums, is the perfect backdrop for Rease’s powerful rhymes. The punching drums really accentuate his cutting, brash flow. Notions will appear on a forthcoming, currently-untitled mixtape, due out in early May, so check back with The DJBooth soon for more info.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/17/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.