On her last feature, Tess Henley lamented her decision to get involved with a man who gave her a bad feeling right From the Get Go. Fast-forward seven months, and the pop-soul songstress is getting the sense that her new guy may not be quite what he seems, either. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake twice, she poses him a pointed question on a new single off her latest full-length: “Who Are You?” The singer’s caustic commentary on the shallowness and anonymity of modern romance comes backed by the bluesy production of two Booth regulars, Dice Raw and Khari Mateen. A stylish, black-and-white video, co-directed by Henley and Jon Dong, completes the package. For Who Are You and much more, check out Tess’s High Heels & Sneakers LP, available in stores and online as of May 7.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.