On her last feature, Tess Henley lamented her decision to get involved with a man who gave her a bad feeling right From the Get Go. Fast-forward seven months, and the pop-soul songstress is getting the sense that her new guy may not be quite what he seems, either. Not wanting to repeat the same mistake twice, she poses him a pointed question on a new single off her latest full-length: “Who Are You?” The singer’s caustic commentary on the shallowness and anonymity of modern romance comes backed by the bluesy production of two Booth regulars, Dice Raw and Khari Mateen. A stylish, black-and-white video, co-directed by Henley and Jon Dong, completes the package. For Who Are You and much more, check out Tess’s High Heels & Sneakers LP, available in stores and online as of May 7.
Written by richard on 09/25/13
Submit your Rating
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.