Some artists take a few features to get Boothgoers on their wavelength, but y’all were feeling Seattle singer/songwriter Tess Henley From the Get Go. Introduced to our pages with last August’s positively-reviewed Daydreaming, she’s returned to continue her winning streak with a new video single whose title I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence. Over the smoky brass grooves of Dice Raw and Khari Mateen (reprising their role as co-producers from Tess’ Booth debut), the indie soul songstress addresses a fella who gave her a bad feeling the moment she first laid eyes on him—a bad feeling which, based on his subsequent actions, proved to be well-justified. Jon Dong and Ben Lucas team up with Henley to direct the joint’s official visuals. Forthcoming album High Heels & Sneakers has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.