Some artists take a few features to get Boothgoers on their wavelength, but y’all were feeling Seattle singer/songwriter Tess Henley From the Get Go. Introduced to our pages with last August’s positively-reviewed Daydreaming, she’s returned to continue her winning streak with a new video single whose title I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence. Over the smoky brass grooves of Dice Raw and Khari Mateen (reprising their role as co-producers from Tess’ Booth debut), the indie soul songstress addresses a fella who gave her a bad feeling the moment she first laid eyes on him—a bad feeling which, based on his subsequent actions, proved to be well-justified. Jon Dong and Ben Lucas team up with Henley to direct the joint’s official visuals. Forthcoming album High Heels & Sneakers has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.