Some artists take a few features to get Boothgoers on their wavelength, but y’all were feeling Seattle singer/songwriter Tess Henley From the Get Go. Introduced to our pages with last August’s positively-reviewed Daydreaming, she’s returned to continue her winning streak with a new video single whose title I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence. Over the smoky brass grooves of Dice Raw and Khari Mateen (reprising their role as co-producers from Tess’ Booth debut), the indie soul songstress addresses a fella who gave her a bad feeling the moment she first laid eyes on him—a bad feeling which, based on his subsequent actions, proved to be well-justified. Jon Dong and Ben Lucas team up with Henley to direct the joint’s official visuals. Forthcoming album High Heels & Sneakers has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.