Some artists take a few features to get Boothgoers on their wavelength, but y’all were feeling Seattle singer/songwriter Tess Henley From the Get Go. Introduced to our pages with last August’s positively-reviewed Daydreaming, she’s returned to continue her winning streak with a new video single whose title I not-so-subtly worked into that last sentence. Over the smoky brass grooves of Dice Raw and Khari Mateen (reprising their role as co-producers from Tess’ Booth debut), the indie soul songstress addresses a fella who gave her a bad feeling the moment she first laid eyes on him—a bad feeling which, based on his subsequent actions, proved to be well-justified. Jon Dong and Ben Lucas team up with Henley to direct the joint’s official visuals. Forthcoming album High Heels & Sneakers has yet to receive a drop date, but those who like what they’re hearing can, of course, keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 02/20/13
Submit your Rating
Hey! Listen To This! Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.