If you’re an up-and-coming rapper desperate for a leg-up, don’t go running to Terrace Martin for help. In fact, you probably shouldn’t even listen to the veteran rapper/producer’s latest record – it might hit a little close to home. If you don’t happen to be one of the “Thirsty-ass n*ggas” in question, though, you’re sure to enjoy the lyrical portrait of moocher-dom that he, with a little help from Cali buzzmaker Kendrick Lamar and G.O.O.D. Music representative Cyhi Da Prynce, paints on this forthcoming Locke High 2 mixtape inclusion. Flowing over Martin’s blissfully head-noddable boardwork (sampled from Stevie Wonder’s Rocket Love), the collaborators express their exasperation with lames’ relentless demands; whether they’re looking for beats and guest verses, introductions to movers-and-shakers, or just a couple bucks, they always seem to have their hand out. Those digging this joint’s satirical edge can look forward to more hot beats and witty rhymes on Terrace Martin and Devi Dev‘s intriguingly-titled The Sex EP. Those who recognize themselves in the record’s lyrics, on the other hand, are cordially invited to… stop it. Seriously. To quote the headliner, “Nobody owes you sh*t.”
Written by richard on 01/5/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.