When you love music as much as West Coast producer Terrace Martin does, then a decade worth of hard work is nothing. In fact, as time has gone by, this producer/saxophonist/television/film scorer/songwriter has done just that. After a stellar showing on Snoop Dogg’s Rhythm & Gangsta album, Martin goes for dolo with The Interview. Over a signature ‘Best Coast’ beat, Terrace and his featured guests, Problem and Mykestro, mark their introduction into the industry that they love so passionately. The only real “problem” with this interview, however, is that the trio of hip-hoppers only go in on a few bars, failing to allow themselves enough room to be creative and add something to the track. As the spotlight begins to shine brighter on Martin, DJBooth looks forward to hearing more from this behind-the-scenes star.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.