When you love music as much as West Coast producer Terrace Martin does, then a decade worth of hard work is nothing. In fact, as time has gone by, this producer/saxophonist/television/film scorer/songwriter has done just that. After a stellar showing on Snoop Dogg’s Rhythm & Gangsta album, Martin goes for dolo with The Interview. Over a signature ‘Best Coast’ beat, Terrace and his featured guests, Problem and Mykestro, mark their introduction into the industry that they love so passionately. The only real “problem” with this interview, however, is that the trio of hip-hoppers only go in on a few bars, failing to allow themselves enough room to be creative and add something to the track. As the spotlight begins to shine brighter on Martin, DJBooth looks forward to hearing more from this behind-the-scenes star.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/24/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.