Been jonesing for a new online series to keep tabs on? Beatsmith Terrace Martin‘s got you covered like bedsheets – to build anticipation of the 2010 release of his forthcoming The Demo LP, the West Coast mainstay’s kicked off a weekly series entitled The Demo Preview, beginning with a brand new cut called… wait for it… The Demo. The title is the only predictable element of this track, which sees Martin serving up an exultant blend of synth fanfare and hard-hitting percussion as his collaborators fire off their highest-caliber lyrical ammunition. Watts City rapper Bad Lucc and recent Booth interview-ee Wiz Khalifa head off the pack, the latter lacing the track with creatively-rhymed lines like, “[If you] think too small I get my ant-eat on/ and make sure all of the food in the pantry’s gone.” Jamaican femcee Lady G steps up to the mic third, delivering her opening bars a cappella, and Cali icon Kurupt jumps on board to end the track on an aggressive note. The headliner, however, says it best: “It’s just hip-hop.” If you like what you’re hearing, keep it locked to the Booth for future entries in Terrace Martin’s weekly series.
Written by richard on 11/18/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"I'm Toe Up (Remix) ft. DJ Quik, Kurupt, Terrace Martin..." (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.