All you smokers out there are likely gearing up for next month’s holiday, preparing for the one day of the year when it’s OK to smoke as much as Snoop. For Termanology and his crew (Wais P and Rass Kass), however, 4/20 is just like any other day. We Stay High features a shrouded Statik Selektah beat, which the three smoke-sketeers eat up like a bag of Funyons. While the three have their own unique styles, their creative synergy makes this cut a very consistent listen. Lacing the beat with a bevy of dope lines (Ras boasts, “I put a rapper in a wheelchair like Degrassi,” and Term quips, “Lebrons and the Forces / J’s man I got ‘em all / That’s why the crib stay lookin’ like the mall.””), the collaborators show that, despite their blunted state, their mic work remains on point. You’ll be able to find this cut on Termanology’s upcoming, free project, Hood Politics Vol. 7, which drops April 5. Fans of Ras’ bars can hear more from the West Coast mainstay on on last month’s Barmageddon album, available for stream/purchase via DJBooth.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- King Mez - Long Live the King
- Freeway x Girl Talk - Broken Ankles EP
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.