All you smokers out there are likely gearing up for next month’s holiday, preparing for the one day of the year when it’s OK to smoke as much as Snoop. For Termanology and his crew (Wais P and Rass Kass), however, 4/20 is just like any other day. We Stay High features a shrouded Statik Selektah beat, which the three smoke-sketeers eat up like a bag of Funyons. While the three have their own unique styles, their creative synergy makes this cut a very consistent listen. Lacing the beat with a bevy of dope lines (Ras boasts, “I put a rapper in a wheelchair like Degrassi,” and Term quips, “Lebrons and the Forces / J’s man I got ‘em all / That’s why the crib stay lookin’ like the mall.””), the collaborators show that, despite their blunted state, their mic work remains on point. You’ll be able to find this cut on Termanology’s upcoming, free project, Hood Politics Vol. 7, which drops April 5. Fans of Ras’ bars can hear more from the West Coast mainstay on on last month’s Barmageddon album, available for stream/purchase via DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.