All you smokers out there are likely gearing up for next month’s holiday, preparing for the one day of the year when it’s OK to smoke as much as Snoop. For Termanology and his crew (Wais P and Rass Kass), however, 4/20 is just like any other day. We Stay High features a shrouded Statik Selektah beat, which the three smoke-sketeers eat up like a bag of Funyons. While the three have their own unique styles, their creative synergy makes this cut a very consistent listen. Lacing the beat with a bevy of dope lines (Ras boasts, “I put a rapper in a wheelchair like Degrassi,” and Term quips, “Lebrons and the Forces / J’s man I got ‘em all / That’s why the crib stay lookin’ like the mall.””), the collaborators show that, despite their blunted state, their mic work remains on point. You’ll be able to find this cut on Termanology’s upcoming, free project, Hood Politics Vol. 7, which drops April 5. Fans of Ras’ bars can hear more from the West Coast mainstay on on last month’s Barmageddon album, available for stream/purchase via DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.