All you smokers out there are likely gearing up for next month’s holiday, preparing for the one day of the year when it’s OK to smoke as much as Snoop. For Termanology and his crew (Wais P and Rass Kass), however, 4/20 is just like any other day. We Stay High features a shrouded Statik Selektah beat, which the three smoke-sketeers eat up like a bag of Funyons. While the three have their own unique styles, their creative synergy makes this cut a very consistent listen. Lacing the beat with a bevy of dope lines (Ras boasts, “I put a rapper in a wheelchair like Degrassi,” and Term quips, “Lebrons and the Forces / J’s man I got ‘em all / That’s why the crib stay lookin’ like the mall.””), the collaborators show that, despite their blunted state, their mic work remains on point. You’ll be able to find this cut on Termanology’s upcoming, free project, Hood Politics Vol. 7, which drops April 5. Fans of Ras’ bars can hear more from the West Coast mainstay on on last month’s Barmageddon album, available for stream/purchase via DJBooth.
Written by Lucas G. on 03/27/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.