On 2004 hit Dirt off Your Shoulder, Jay Z emphasized that his lofty status and worldwide travels hadn’t weakened his ties to the streets: “N**ga London, Japan, and I’m Straight off the Block.” Termanology echoes that sentiment on a freshly-released single off his next studio album. His first feature since May’s similarly-themed Streetwise, this gritty selection finds the Boston underground rhymesayer touting his mic skills and his fidelity to the ‘hood over a clattering boom-bap instrumental by Shortfyuz. Fellow street mainstays Lil Fame and Sheek Louch jump on the beat to deliver similarly grimy, tightly-wound guest verses. GOYA won’t arrive until October, but those craving more are encouraged to check out Termanology’s guest contribution to Statik Selektah‘s Game Break, featured in June.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Boston underground mainstay Termanology has liberated his latest independent full-length, the GOYA LP, Brick Records. The artist's first project since hooking up with Lil Fame to drop Fizzyology back in 2012, the album packs...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)