Can I have a personal moment? Growing up in Boston as a hip-hop head was hard – the city had some dope emcees, but for the most part we never got respect on a national level. Show Off compatriots (pun intended) Statik Selektah and Termanology have changed all that, and the proof is Term’s new Say It (Remix). There’s no shortage of heavyweight star power here as Joell Ortiz, Bun B, Saigon and Freeway all take turns going in over Term’s relatively simple but head-nodding self-produced beat. While most records with this long of a line-up usually have at least one let down, thankfully every emcee here comes correctly, although I do have to give bonus points to Bun B for being the first emcee in rap history to successfully rhyme “testes” with “jet skies”. Those eager for even more star-studded records should keep an eye out for Term’s upcoming album The Cameo King II, which drops May 24 digitally and then June 7 physically. Boston stand up – thanks to Termanology we can finally stand proudly next to the game’s best.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/17/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.