On September 30, underground favorite Termanology will drop his debut album, Politics As Usual. In addition to his seven previous features inside our DJBooth, the Massachusetts-born and New York-based emcee has received a hearty helping of backing from many within industry circles. Despite the buzz surrounding his work, however, Term has yet to catch on with a major. During a recent listening session for his forthcoming project, our very own Erica L. caught up with Term to discuss the situation, “I went to a lot of the big time labels, and showed them my hunger, and they told me ‘you nice,’ but I [left] without any of them ever signing me.” Fortunately for fans, independent success has humbled the emcee and motivated his current string of quality records, which includes the Nottz-produced record Please Don’t Go. Sooner or later, all the labels that let him walk away will wish they’d said the same thing.
Listen to More: Termanology
Written by DJ Z on 09/3/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.