On September 30, underground favorite Termanology will drop his debut album, Politics As Usual. In addition to his seven previous features inside our DJBooth, the Massachusetts-born and New York-based emcee has received a hearty helping of backing from many within industry circles. Despite the buzz surrounding his work, however, Term has yet to catch on with a major. During a recent listening session for his forthcoming project, our very own Erica L. caught up with Term to discuss the situation, “I went to a lot of the big time labels, and showed them my hunger, and they told me ‘you nice,’ but I [left] without any of them ever signing me.” Fortunately for fans, independent success has humbled the emcee and motivated his current string of quality records, which includes the Nottz-produced record Please Don’t Go. Sooner or later, all the labels that let him walk away will wish they’d said the same thing.
Listen to More: Termanology Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.