On September 30, underground favorite Termanology will drop his debut album, Politics As Usual. In addition to his seven previous features inside our DJBooth, the Massachusetts-born and New York-based emcee has received a hearty helping of backing from many within industry circles. Despite the buzz surrounding his work, however, Term has yet to catch on with a major. During a recent listening session for his forthcoming project, our very own Erica L. caught up with Term to discuss the situation, “I went to a lot of the big time labels, and showed them my hunger, and they told me ‘you nice,’ but I [left] without any of them ever signing me.” Fortunately for fans, independent success has humbled the emcee and motivated his current string of quality records, which includes the Nottz-produced record Please Don’t Go. Sooner or later, all the labels that let him walk away will wish they’d said the same thing.
Listen to More: Termanology Written by DJ Z
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.