When DJBooth underground favorite Termanology offered his two cents on the state of The Music Industry, rap artists everywhere could relate. For instance, Royce Da 5’9” got turned down by his hometown label, Shady, Consequence‘s debut Don’t Quit Your Day Job got little promotion from Sony (he even posted a money-back guarantee), Crooked I was the last artist dropped from the almost-dead Death Row Records, and Akrobatik has never even gotten a taste of the majors. Thus, it makes sense that all of the above have teamed up for a remix, each giving feedback on the industry and all but declaring themselves the last true MCs. Perhaps there will be a mega remix soon; I would bet Saigon might get a call.
Written by Burmy on 01/29/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.