When DJBooth underground favorite Termanology offered his two cents on the state of The Music Industry, rap artists everywhere could relate. For instance, Royce Da 5’9” got turned down by his hometown label, Shady, Consequence‘s debut Don’t Quit Your Day Job got little promotion from Sony (he even posted a money-back guarantee), Crooked I was the last artist dropped from the almost-dead Death Row Records, and Akrobatik has never even gotten a taste of the majors. Thus, it makes sense that all of the above have teamed up for a remix, each giving feedback on the industry and all but declaring themselves the last true MCs. Perhaps there will be a mega remix soon; I would bet Saigon might get a call.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.