I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I’m going to use a new track from Boston representers Statik Selektah and Termanology to talk ish about my beloved Celtics. I assure you I’ll be doing no such thing (Rondo for MVP), and will instead stick entirely to the music (beat L.A.). In all seriousness, Statik and Term’s new cut The Darkest Cloud is some seriously dope music. On the production side Statik sticks to his soul sample template, although here he embeds his usually brighter beats with an appropriately dark sonic overtone, while on the mic fellow Showoff Term explores the pain that has often haunted our brightest musical talents, sentiments the chronically underrated Chace Infinite (of Self-Scientific) echoes in a rewind-worthy guest verse. I know I’m biased, but I expect nothing but praise to rain down from the Booth on this one. Once again, it looks like Statik and Term just can’t lose…much like a certain NBA team’s starting five. For more from the dynamic duo be sure to cop their upcoming album 1982, due to drop this summer.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Lottery" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.