I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that I’m going to use a new track from Boston representers Statik Selektah and Termanology to talk ish about my beloved Celtics. I assure you I’ll be doing no such thing (Rondo for MVP), and will instead stick entirely to the music (beat L.A.). In all seriousness, Statik and Term’s new cut The Darkest Cloud is some seriously dope music. On the production side Statik sticks to his soul sample template, although here he embeds his usually brighter beats with an appropriately dark sonic overtone, while on the mic fellow Showoff Term explores the pain that has often haunted our brightest musical talents, sentiments the chronically underrated Chace Infinite (of Self-Scientific) echoes in a rewind-worthy guest verse. I know I’m biased, but I expect nothing but praise to rain down from the Booth on this one. Once again, it looks like Statik and Term just can’t lose…much like a certain NBA team’s starting five. For more from the dynamic duo be sure to cop their upcoming album 1982, due to drop this summer.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Lottery" (2010)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.