It’s been nearly three years since the death of legendary producer J. Dilla, and the hip hop community continues to mourn his passing. In the time since, many artists have paid tribute to Dilla’s memory by continuing to release new projects using his beats, and New Year’s Day ‘09 will mark the release of a new addition to this legacy. Termanology‘s If Heaven Was a Mile Away mixtape finds the New York-based rapper spitting over some of J.‘s hottest beats, and if new record Circulate (100 Bars) is any indication, fans should be waiting with bated breath for the project. The beat, with its soulful, sampled hook and unique “skipping CD” effect during the verses, is the star of the show, but Term’s flow is nothing to scoff at; the propulsive, polysyllabic rhymes with which he effortlessly peppers his larger-than life boasts make the emcee sound right at home over the virtuosic production, and the end result would undoubtedly put a smile on the great J. Dilla’s face.
Written by richard on 12/21/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"50 Bodies" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.