Like I’ve said in past blurbs, hip-hop has officially gone international! In the past year, acts from Canada and New Zealand made the States’ Top 40, and artists hailing from Sweden, Norway, Belgium, and the Czech Republic have graced our own music charts. Now the Booth is proud to introduce readers to the Teriyaki Boyz, a Tokyo-based group set to make history with the February 3rd release of their sophomore album; Serious Japanese will be the first major-label American release of a Japanese hip-hop group (on Pharrell Williams’ Star Trak Entertainment via Universal). On their debut Booth feature, Ilmari, Ryo-Z (of Rip Slyme), Verbal (of m-flo), WISE, and Nigo (the founder of BAPE) team up with Kanye West and his G.O.O.D. Music protégé, Big Sean, to show exactly why they’re the kings (or, more specifically, the Teriya-Kings) of their craft. ???, ???????! (Japan, stand up!)
Written by Burmy on 02/2/09
Submit your Rating
Universal Music/Star Trak
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.