Like I’ve said in past blurbs, hip-hop has officially gone international! In the past year, acts from Canada and New Zealand made the States’ Top 40, and artists hailing from Sweden, Norway, Belgium, and the Czech Republic have graced our own music charts. Now the Booth is proud to introduce readers to the Teriyaki Boyz, a Tokyo-based group set to make history with the February 3rd release of their sophomore album; Serious Japanese will be the first major-label American release of a Japanese hip-hop group (on Pharrell Williams’ Star Trak Entertainment via Universal). On their debut Booth feature, Ilmari, Ryo-Z (of Rip Slyme), Verbal (of m-flo), WISE, and Nigo (the founder of BAPE) team up with Kanye West and his G.O.O.D. Music protégé, Big Sean, to show exactly why they’re the kings (or, more specifically, the Teriya-Kings) of their craft. ???, ???????! (Japan, stand up!)
Universal Music/Star Trak
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.