No, “Vocal Layout Idea” isn’t an unfinished track that somehow teleported from an obscure folder on Terence Ryan‘s laptop straight to the DJBooth frontpage. Despite what its sketchy title might suggest, the Northeastern artist/producer’s latest single is a fully fleshed-out record—and it even has an accompanying video. Here, Ryan’s own moody synth-piano production bangs in the back as he guns for success (and currency) in sung/flowed bars. Produced, engineered and performed entirely by the man himself, Terence Ryan’s Skeleton EP is available now from the artist’s Tumblr.
Written by richard on 03/2/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Skeleton (Yeah Yeah Yeahs Remix)" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.