A lot of people get high, and there are more than a couple folks who like to get paid, but High and Paid? That’s a select few. For his The DJBooth solo debut, Ninjasonik frontman Telli goes in over a beat from Roofeeo that sounds like it’s as familiar with The Doors as Jay-Z. It’s a minimal beat that only highlights Telli’s narrative rap skills as he gives us a quickstrike tour through a world of sex, drugs and
rock n’ roll
hip-hop. In other words, it’s a track Asher Roth would sound perfect on and sure enough the Def Jam emcee is as lyrically paradoxical as ever, giving both long time fans and new listeners at least one good reason to cop Telli’s 2 Legit mixtape, set to drop at the end of August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.