A lot of people get high, and there are more than a couple folks who like to get paid, but High and Paid? That’s a select few. For his The DJBooth solo debut, Ninjasonik frontman Telli goes in over a beat from Roofeeo that sounds like it’s as familiar with The Doors as Jay-Z. It’s a minimal beat that only highlights Telli’s narrative rap skills as he gives us a quickstrike tour through a world of sex, drugs and
rock n’ roll
hip-hop. In other words, it’s a track Asher Roth would sound perfect on and sure enough the Def Jam emcee is as lyrically paradoxical as ever, giving both long time fans and new listeners at least one good reason to cop Telli’s 2 Legit mixtape, set to drop at the end of August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.