A lot of people get high, and there are more than a couple folks who like to get paid, but High and Paid? That’s a select few. For his The DJBooth solo debut, Ninjasonik frontman Telli goes in over a beat from Roofeeo that sounds like it’s as familiar with The Doors as Jay-Z. It’s a minimal beat that only highlights Telli’s narrative rap skills as he gives us a quickstrike tour through a world of sex, drugs and
rock n’ roll
hip-hop. In other words, it’s a track Asher Roth would sound perfect on and sure enough the Def Jam emcee is as lyrically paradoxical as ever, giving both long time fans and new listeners at least one good reason to cop Telli’s 2 Legit mixtape, set to drop at the end of August.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/30/12
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.