Twenty-two-year-old rhymesayer Tehron Porter‘s first feature may take its title from the warrior caste of feudal Japan, but don’t get it twisted; the subjects he and his collaborators tackle on this cut are very close to home. Over his own hazy guitar-loop beat (produced under the pseudonym Ron Dutchie), the Woodbridge, Virginia native mixes sex-and-weed talk with more serious reflections on the society around him: “Why do we pay the ballers more than we pay the tutors?” Guests Con Artest and Poor Boy strike a similar balance in their guest contributions. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while Samurai is just a loosie, Porter currently has an album in the works. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.