Twenty-two-year-old rhymesayer Tehron Porter‘s first feature may take its title from the warrior caste of feudal Japan, but don’t get it twisted; the subjects he and his collaborators tackle on this cut are very close to home. Over his own hazy guitar-loop beat (produced under the pseudonym Ron Dutchie), the Woodbridge, Virginia native mixes sex-and-weed talk with more serious reflections on the society around him: “Why do we pay the ballers more than we pay the tutors?” Guests Con Artest and Poor Boy strike a similar balance in their guest contributions. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while Samurai is just a loosie, Porter currently has an album in the works. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.