Twenty-two-year-old rhymesayer Tehron Porter‘s first feature may take its title from the warrior caste of feudal Japan, but don’t get it twisted; the subjects he and his collaborators tackle on this cut are very close to home. Over his own hazy guitar-loop beat (produced under the pseudonym Ron Dutchie), the Woodbridge, Virginia native mixes sex-and-weed talk with more serious reflections on the society around him: “Why do we pay the ballers more than we pay the tutors?” Guests Con Artest and Poor Boy strike a similar balance in their guest contributions. Feeling it? Then stay tuned; while Samurai is just a loosie, Porter currently has an album in the works. As always, we’ll keep you posted.
Written by richard on 08/8/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.