Stop motion videos will never not be cool. After traveling thousands of miles, taking almost as many selfies with fans, and creating a flip book of himself rapping, teewhy has released a quite entertaining music video for his Stage Name single. His consistent flows over a borrowed beat from Ratatat give me reason to believe that all of those selfies were taken at the request of the fans, not vice versa. As a note to all future venue promoters, you might want to get the Vancouver emcee’s stage name right on the bill because you’ll want to brag that you had him perform at your place once he makes it to the big leagues. And no one wants to show off a misspelled flier, right? The best part of the Mark MacDonald-directed video is pausing it at random moments to find where in the world teewhy is at any given moment. I just hope he recycled all of those pages of him rapping. You can download Stage Name, which can be found on his latest album, Cyril Sneer, for free right this second.
Written by Bryan H on 04/29/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Beautiful On Fire" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.