The end of a relationship is never fun and rarely ends well, which is why most break-up songs usually have vengeful undertones or morose lyrics. DJBooth newcomer teewhy’s last break up, however, seems to have ended on good terms, considering the positive, reflective vibes emitted from new record Beautiful on Fire. The Canadian emcee spits atop a breezy instrumental from acclaimed producer Ratatat, which sounds like a mix between carnival music and the Rugrats theme song, helping to drive home the positive vibes. Though the production is not exclusive to the record, it does sound as though it was made just for teewhy. This is mostly thanks to the artist’s personable, charismatic flow, which is used to hammer home a sentimental and nostalgic angle. If you’re in search of more approachable hip-hop, check out tee’s recently released Cyril Sneer mixape.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view teewhy’s Mark MacDonald-directed Beautiful On Fire visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.