The end of a relationship is never fun and rarely ends well, which is why most break-up songs usually have vengeful undertones or morose lyrics. DJBooth newcomer teewhy’s last break up, however, seems to have ended on good terms, considering the positive, reflective vibes emitted from new record Beautiful on Fire. The Canadian emcee spits atop a breezy instrumental from acclaimed producer Ratatat, which sounds like a mix between carnival music and the Rugrats theme song, helping to drive home the positive vibes. Though the production is not exclusive to the record, it does sound as though it was made just for teewhy. This is mostly thanks to the artist’s personable, charismatic flow, which is used to hammer home a sentimental and nostalgic angle. If you’re in search of more approachable hip-hop, check out tee’s recently released Cyril Sneer mixape.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view teewhy’s Mark MacDonald-directed Beautiful On Fire visual.
Written by Lucas G. on 09/13/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.