Every once in a while, I hear a record so dope I have a difficult time believing it was created by mere mortals. Teck-Zilla‘s Booth debut, aptly titled Super Human, is a prime example. Making its exclusive world premiere on our pages, the Nigerian-born, Montreal-based beatsmith’s latest single finds him crafting a majestic, brass-sampled backdrop for bars from a trio of upper-echelon lyrical talents. East Coast vet Canibus is first up, showcasing his impeccable pen game in a apocalyptically-themed opener. After an aggressive, allusive middle 16 from African mic-murderer Modenine, Augusta, Georgia’s Mark Deez brings the cut to its grimy conclusion. This godlike banger is attached to not one, but two forthcoming projects; in addition to appearing on an untitled/unscheduled compilation from Teck, it’s set for inclusion on Modenine’s (also unscheduled) Above Ground Level LP.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Str8Buttah/Red Eye Muzik
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.