Every once in a while, I hear a record so dope I have a difficult time believing it was created by mere mortals. Teck-Zilla‘s Booth debut, aptly titled Super Human, is a prime example. Making its exclusive world premiere on our pages, the Nigerian-born, Montreal-based beatsmith’s latest single finds him crafting a majestic, brass-sampled backdrop for bars from a trio of upper-echelon lyrical talents. East Coast vet Canibus is first up, showcasing his impeccable pen game in a apocalyptically-themed opener. After an aggressive, allusive middle 16 from African mic-murderer Modenine, Augusta, Georgia’s Mark Deez brings the cut to its grimy conclusion. This godlike banger is attached to not one, but two forthcoming projects; in addition to appearing on an untitled/unscheduled compilation from Teck, it’s set for inclusion on Modenine’s (also unscheduled) Above Ground Level LP.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Submit your Rating
Str8Buttah/Red Eye Muzik
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.