Every once in a while, I hear a record so dope I have a difficult time believing it was created by mere mortals. Teck-Zilla‘s Booth debut, aptly titled Super Human, is a prime example. Making its exclusive world premiere on our pages, the Nigerian-born, Montreal-based beatsmith’s latest single finds him crafting a majestic, brass-sampled backdrop for bars from a trio of upper-echelon lyrical talents. East Coast vet Canibus is first up, showcasing his impeccable pen game in a apocalyptically-themed opener. After an aggressive, allusive middle 16 from African mic-murderer Modenine, Augusta, Georgia’s Mark Deez brings the cut to its grimy conclusion. This godlike banger is attached to not one, but two forthcoming projects; in addition to appearing on an untitled/unscheduled compilation from Teck, it’s set for inclusion on Modenine’s (also unscheduled) Above Ground Level LP.
Written by richard on 01/16/14
Str8Buttah/Red Eye Muzik
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.