Who’s afraid of the Big Bad Wolf? If by “big bad wolf” you mean Tech N9ne, then the answer should be “every rapper in the game.” Fresh off opening for the Kansan heavyweight on the Florida dates of his ongoing Indie Grind Tour, Miami crew ¡MAYDAY! remind lames never to venture into the woods alone on their latest mixtape leak, a “Red Moon Remix” of one of Tech’s deeper cuts. While the source material doesn’t provide quite as much room for improvement as, say, the three Rebirth joints also remixed on their latest set, the group nonetheless manages to work their trademark magic, energizing the headliner’s mile-a-minute flows with a jittery organ-percussion beat and amping up the soul with a brand new hook. And, though there are few alive who can compete with Tech N9ne where pure speed and diction are concerned, Wrekonize keeps pace, turning in an added verse that’s impressive in its own right. Those who enjoyed this blistering revamp can find plenty more fresh remixes and originals on ¡MAYDAY!‘s, Booth-sponsored Lords of the Fly street album, available here for free streaming/download!
Written by richard on 11/7/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.