When Tech N9ne’s not busy serving as the game’s most successful indie artist, he’s the CEO of his own Strange Music label, a job that’s lead to the signing of none other than DJBooth favorites and Lords of the Fly creators ¡Mayday! joining the Strange team. It’s a partnership that’s created some serious (and seriously dope) music, like today’s release The Noose. Producer and ¡Mayday! member Plex Luthor (not to be confused with Lex Luger) helms a collection of live instruments to create a dark, rock based beat that hypnotically loops on guitar lines and minimalist percussion. While ¡Mayday! also provides a touching hook and an equally somber verse (thank you, Wrekonize), Tech takes the opportunity to reflect on a recent visit to a Marine base, bringing to light the often overlooked human cost of war: “This is for the young soldiers who / do exactly what they’re told to do.” While we’re still awaiting a release date on Tech’s upcoming Welcome To Strangeland album, if the rest of the project is anything like Noose we can expect yet another epic work from the Kansas City native.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.