When Tech N9ne’s not busy serving as the game’s most successful indie artist, he’s the CEO of his own Strange Music label, a job that’s lead to the signing of none other than DJBooth favorites and Lords of the Fly creators ¡Mayday! joining the Strange team. It’s a partnership that’s created some serious (and seriously dope) music, like today’s release The Noose. Producer and ¡Mayday! member Plex Luthor (not to be confused with Lex Luger) helms a collection of live instruments to create a dark, rock based beat that hypnotically loops on guitar lines and minimalist percussion. While ¡Mayday! also provides a touching hook and an equally somber verse (thank you, Wrekonize), Tech takes the opportunity to reflect on a recent visit to a Marine base, bringing to light the often overlooked human cost of war: “This is for the young soldiers who / do exactly what they’re told to do.” While we’re still awaiting a release date on Tech’s upcoming Welcome To Strangeland album, if the rest of the project is anything like Noose we can expect yet another epic work from the Kansas City native.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.