Just how dope is Tech N9ne‘s latest promotional single, So Dope (They Wanna)? Well, you might want to have a methdone script lined up before hitting play; otherwise, you may find yourself unable to stop listening. A triple-time rap-stravaganza of a caliber unseen since Tech’s own Worldwide Choppers, this joint finds the underground heavyweight going toe-to-toe with Strange Music signees Wrekonize and Twizted Insane and Atlantic Records buzzmaker Snow tha Product over an eerie instrumental by longtime DJBooth fave Shane Eli and co-producer Jon Pakfar. Over the course of four minutes and 19 seconds, the trio collectively manage to deliver roughly 868 words. To use a Fourth of July-themed standard of comparison, that’s nearly thirty Pledges of Allegiance. For more hot beats and rapid-fire rhymes, check out Something Else when it hits record stores and online retailers July 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tech N9ne’s Anthony Devera-directed So Dope visual.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.