Just how dope is Tech N9ne‘s latest promotional single, So Dope (They Wanna)? Well, you might want to have a methdone script lined up before hitting play; otherwise, you may find yourself unable to stop listening. A triple-time rap-stravaganza of a caliber unseen since Tech’s own Worldwide Choppers, this joint finds the underground heavyweight going toe-to-toe with Strange Music signees Wrekonize and Twizted Insane and Atlantic Records buzzmaker Snow tha Product over an eerie instrumental by longtime DJBooth fave Shane Eli and co-producer Jon Pakfar. Over the course of four minutes and 19 seconds, the trio collectively manage to deliver roughly 868 words. To use a Fourth of July-themed standard of comparison, that’s nearly thirty Pledges of Allegiance. For more hot beats and rapid-fire rhymes, check out Something Else when it hits record stores and online retailers July 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tech N9ne’s Anthony Devera-directed So Dope visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.