Just how dope is Tech N9ne‘s latest promotional single, So Dope (They Wanna)? Well, you might want to have a methdone script lined up before hitting play; otherwise, you may find yourself unable to stop listening. A triple-time rap-stravaganza of a caliber unseen since Tech’s own Worldwide Choppers, this joint finds the underground heavyweight going toe-to-toe with Strange Music signees Wrekonize and Twizted Insane and Atlantic Records buzzmaker Snow tha Product over an eerie instrumental by longtime DJBooth fave Shane Eli and co-producer Jon Pakfar. Over the course of four minutes and 19 seconds, the trio collectively manage to deliver roughly 868 words. To use a Fourth of July-themed standard of comparison, that’s nearly thirty Pledges of Allegiance. For more hot beats and rapid-fire rhymes, check out Something Else when it hits record stores and online retailers July 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tech N9ne’s Anthony Devera-directed So Dope visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.