Just how dope is Tech N9ne‘s latest promotional single, So Dope (They Wanna)? Well, you might want to have a methdone script lined up before hitting play; otherwise, you may find yourself unable to stop listening. A triple-time rap-stravaganza of a caliber unseen since Tech’s own Worldwide Choppers, this joint finds the underground heavyweight going toe-to-toe with Strange Music signees Wrekonize and Twizted Insane and Atlantic Records buzzmaker Snow tha Product over an eerie instrumental by longtime DJBooth fave Shane Eli and co-producer Jon Pakfar. Over the course of four minutes and 19 seconds, the trio collectively manage to deliver roughly 868 words. To use a Fourth of July-themed standard of comparison, that’s nearly thirty Pledges of Allegiance. For more hot beats and rapid-fire rhymes, check out Something Else when it hits record stores and online retailers July 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tech N9ne’s Anthony Devera-directed So Dope visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Hip-hop has always rejected outsiders. From fans to label execs, hip-hop has largely demanded more of the same thing it’s currently enjoying: more shiny suits, more Auto-Tune, more molly. But the ironic thing is that all of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)