Just how dope is Tech N9ne‘s latest promotional single, So Dope (They Wanna)? Well, you might want to have a methdone script lined up before hitting play; otherwise, you may find yourself unable to stop listening. A triple-time rap-stravaganza of a caliber unseen since Tech’s own Worldwide Choppers, this joint finds the underground heavyweight going toe-to-toe with Strange Music signees Wrekonize and Twizted Insane and Atlantic Records buzzmaker Snow tha Product over an eerie instrumental by longtime DJBooth fave Shane Eli and co-producer Jon Pakfar. Over the course of four minutes and 19 seconds, the trio collectively manage to deliver roughly 868 words. To use a Fourth of July-themed standard of comparison, that’s nearly thirty Pledges of Allegiance. For more hot beats and rapid-fire rhymes, check out Something Else when it hits record stores and online retailers July 30.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Tech N9ne’s Anthony Devera-directed So Dope visual.
Written by richard on 07/25/13
Hip-hop has always rejected outsiders. From fans to label execs, hip-hop has largely demanded more of the same thing it’s currently enjoying: more shiny suits, more Auto-Tune, more molly. But the ironic thing is that all of...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.