Like many of us, Tech N9ne spent a large portion of his first two decades in the Public School system. What knowledge did he take away from his schooling? Apparently, not a whole hell of a lot. On a fresh single off his forthcoming rap/rock LP, the Strange Music capo recounts how his boredom in the classroom motivated him to develop his intellectual capabilities through other means: “I was bored with the classes they gave me, so I stole the books I wanted… taught myself to think different.” The rest, as they say, is history. In addition to the obligatory distorted guitars and pummeling percussion, Seven‘s beat makes creative use of Eastern European-flavored string harmonies. Featuring this cut, previous single Hiccup and much more, Therapy: Sessions With Ross Robinson is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 5.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.