Like many of us, Tech N9ne spent a large portion of his first two decades in the Public School system. What knowledge did he take away from his schooling? Apparently, not a whole hell of a lot. On a fresh single off his forthcoming rap/rock LP, the Strange Music capo recounts how his boredom in the classroom motivated him to develop his intellectual capabilities through other means: “I was bored with the classes they gave me, so I stole the books I wanted… taught myself to think different.” The rest, as they say, is history. In addition to the obligatory distorted guitars and pummeling percussion, Seven‘s beat makes creative use of Eastern European-flavored string harmonies. Featuring this cut, previous single Hiccup and much more, Therapy: Sessions With Ross Robinson is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 5.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.