Like many of us, Tech N9ne spent a large portion of his first two decades in the Public School system. What knowledge did he take away from his schooling? Apparently, not a whole hell of a lot. On a fresh single off his forthcoming rap/rock LP, the Strange Music capo recounts how his boredom in the classroom motivated him to develop his intellectual capabilities through other means: “I was bored with the classes they gave me, so I stole the books I wanted… taught myself to think different.” The rest, as they say, is history. In addition to the obligatory distorted guitars and pummeling percussion, Seven‘s beat makes creative use of Eastern European-flavored string harmonies. Featuring this cut, previous single Hiccup and much more, Therapy: Sessions With Ross Robinson is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 5.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.