Like many of us, Tech N9ne spent a large portion of his first two decades in the Public School system. What knowledge did he take away from his schooling? Apparently, not a whole hell of a lot. On a fresh single off his forthcoming rap/rock LP, the Strange Music capo recounts how his boredom in the classroom motivated him to develop his intellectual capabilities through other means: “I was bored with the classes they gave me, so I stole the books I wanted… taught myself to think different.” The rest, as they say, is history. In addition to the obligatory distorted guitars and pummeling percussion, Seven‘s beat makes creative use of Eastern European-flavored string harmonies. Featuring this cut, previous single Hiccup and much more, Therapy: Sessions With Ross Robinson is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers Tuesday, November 5.
Written by richard on 10/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.