I had the chance to see Tech N9ne perform live last week, and I’m still not Over It. Sure my legs are still sore, my ears still ringing and I’ve yet to take off my face paint (much to the chagrin of my grandma), but I still want more. While I can’t see Tech live every week, I will certainly settle for a new single; cue Over It, the latest release off of his highly-anticipated Strangeulation album. Obviously, the song is not live, but that doesn’t stop the Strange Music head honcho from taking all the energy and power of a live event and translating it to the cascading production of Michael “Seven” Summers’; good luck finding an emcee who can match Tech’s potent bars plus the speed and precision with which he delivers them. Sending the explosive cut over the edge is a fiery hook from Ryan Bradley, which gives the effort a unique, almost rock-based foundation. In addition to this effort, Strangeulation (out next month) will also house the previously-featured Hard (A Monster Made It).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.