I had the chance to see Tech N9ne perform live last week, and I’m still not Over It. Sure my legs are still sore, my ears still ringing and I’ve yet to take off my face paint (much to the chagrin of my grandma), but I still want more. While I can’t see Tech live every week, I will certainly settle for a new single; cue Over It, the latest release off of his highly-anticipated Strangeulation album. Obviously, the song is not live, but that doesn’t stop the Strange Music head honcho from taking all the energy and power of a live event and translating it to the cascading production of Michael “Seven” Summers’; good luck finding an emcee who can match Tech’s potent bars plus the speed and precision with which he delivers them. Sending the explosive cut over the edge is a fiery hook from Ryan Bradley, which gives the effort a unique, almost rock-based foundation. In addition to this effort, Strangeulation (out next month) will also house the previously-featured Hard (A Monster Made It).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.