I had the chance to see Tech N9ne perform live last week, and I’m still not Over It. Sure my legs are still sore, my ears still ringing and I’ve yet to take off my face paint (much to the chagrin of my grandma), but I still want more. While I can’t see Tech live every week, I will certainly settle for a new single; cue Over It, the latest release off of his highly-anticipated Strangeulation album. Obviously, the song is not live, but that doesn’t stop the Strange Music head honcho from taking all the energy and power of a live event and translating it to the cascading production of Michael “Seven” Summers’; good luck finding an emcee who can match Tech’s potent bars plus the speed and precision with which he delivers them. Sending the explosive cut over the edge is a fiery hook from Ryan Bradley, which gives the effort a unique, almost rock-based foundation. In addition to this effort, Strangeulation (out next month) will also house the previously-featured Hard (A Monster Made It).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.