I had the chance to see Tech N9ne perform live last week, and I’m still not Over It. Sure my legs are still sore, my ears still ringing and I’ve yet to take off my face paint (much to the chagrin of my grandma), but I still want more. While I can’t see Tech live every week, I will certainly settle for a new single; cue Over It, the latest release off of his highly-anticipated Strangeulation album. Obviously, the song is not live, but that doesn’t stop the Strange Music head honcho from taking all the energy and power of a live event and translating it to the cascading production of Michael “Seven” Summers’; good luck finding an emcee who can match Tech’s potent bars plus the speed and precision with which he delivers them. Sending the explosive cut over the edge is a fiery hook from Ryan Bradley, which gives the effort a unique, almost rock-based foundation. In addition to this effort, Strangeulation (out next month) will also house the previously-featured Hard (A Monster Made It).
Written by Lucas G. on 04/30/14
In addition to one of the most head-spinning flows in the industry, Tech N9ne boasts an illustrious list of signees and connects. Now, Strange Music capo had busted out his rolodex once again to bring listeners his fifth...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)