Like all of us, Tech N9ne sometimes gets down on himself and begins to feel like Nobody Cares. Then he remembers that he’s the most successful independent rapper of all time, and the founder of a thriving record label. The first listen (a pre-order buzz record) off the Kansas City phenom’s next collaboration album seems to illustrate both sides of this dynamic; while the fast-paced verses, coming courtesy of Tech and his signees, Stevie Stone and Krizz Kaliko, celebrate the Strange Music army’s artistic and financial achievements, Kaliko’s sung hook shares the title’s depressive vibe. Seven‘s production also has a split personality, transforming from an aggressive, trap-infused groove to a more delicate arrangement when the chorus rolls around. For more fresh material from Tech and his all-star cast of connects, cop Strangeulation when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6. Click here to pre-order the set via Strange Music‘s official site.
Written by richard on 02/21/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)