Like all of us, Tech N9ne sometimes gets down on himself and begins to feel like Nobody Cares. Then he remembers that he’s the most successful independent rapper of all time, and the founder of a thriving record label. The first listen (a pre-order buzz record) off the Kansas City phenom’s next collaboration album seems to illustrate both sides of this dynamic; while the fast-paced verses, coming courtesy of Tech and his signees, Stevie Stone and Krizz Kaliko, celebrate the Strange Music army’s artistic and financial achievements, Kaliko’s sung hook shares the title’s depressive vibe. Seven‘s production also has a split personality, transforming from an aggressive, trap-infused groove to a more delicate arrangement when the chorus rolls around. For more fresh material from Tech and his all-star cast of connects, cop Strangeulation when it hits record stores and online retailers Tuesday, May 6. Click here to pre-order the set via Strange Music‘s official site.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.