Tech N9ne may call himself King of Darkness, but that doesn’t mean he’s down with negativity. On the contrary, he has just three words for those bringing hate, stupidity or envy: “Leave Me Alone!” The latest single off the artist’s forthcoming 10th full-length comes backed by the appropriately tension-fraught, synth-driven boardwork of coproducers YoungFyre and Karbon. Here, Tech delivers his rhymes with slow-burning intensity, building from nonchalant kiss-offs (“You punks’ll never get to see me let a tear go.”) to growled threats (“Next time you’re trippin’ I’ll flip and hit you in your eye, b*tch!”) over the course of the record. If you’re a fan of this rap vet’s aggressive brand of underground lyricism, you’re sure to find more to your liking on K.O.D, due out Oct. 27. Also, don’t miss the opportunity to catch Tech N9ne (along with lyrical supergroup Slaughterhouse and Cali up-and-comer Glasses Malone) on his currently-running national tour – as he explained to DJ Z in an April interview, he’s so great live that he fantasizes about being a spectator at one of his own shows!
Listen to More: Tech N9ne
Written by richard on 10/18/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.