When your job involves reeling off rhymes at blistering speeds, a Hiccup can spell disaster. Fortunately for Tech N9ne, he’s not the one who has ‘em on the lead single off his forthcoming rap-rock EP. Rather, the title refers to the figurative “hiccup” that occurs when evil plans go awry. Backed by project collaborator Ross Robinson‘s screaming guitar riffs and pummeling percussion, the Kansas City veteran takes aim at those who prey on the weak and vulnerable, from domestic abusers, to Ariel Castro-style kidnappers, to pedophile priests. Though they may be on top right now, he assures them that it’s only a matter of time before karma comes back to bite them in the ass. In addition to having a theme we can all get behind, this cut is a prime example of how to mix genres effectively; Weezy, if you’re really determined to make Rebirth 2, you should be taking notes. Watch for the Therapy EP to hit record stores and online retailers November 5, via Tech’s own Strange Music label.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.