When your job involves reeling off rhymes at blistering speeds, a Hiccup can spell disaster. Fortunately for Tech N9ne, he’s not the one who has ‘em on the lead single off his forthcoming rap-rock EP. Rather, the title refers to the figurative “hiccup” that occurs when evil plans go awry. Backed by project collaborator Ross Robinson‘s screaming guitar riffs and pummeling percussion, the Kansas City veteran takes aim at those who prey on the weak and vulnerable, from domestic abusers, to Ariel Castro-style kidnappers, to pedophile priests. Though they may be on top right now, he assures them that it’s only a matter of time before karma comes back to bite them in the ass. In addition to having a theme we can all get behind, this cut is a prime example of how to mix genres effectively; Weezy, if you’re really determined to make Rebirth 2, you should be taking notes. Watch for the Therapy EP to hit record stores and online retailers November 5, via Tech’s own Strange Music label.
Written by richard on 10/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.