When your job involves reeling off rhymes at blistering speeds, a Hiccup can spell disaster. Fortunately for Tech N9ne, he’s not the one who has ‘em on the lead single off his forthcoming rap-rock EP. Rather, the title refers to the figurative “hiccup” that occurs when evil plans go awry. Backed by project collaborator Ross Robinson‘s screaming guitar riffs and pummeling percussion, the Kansas City veteran takes aim at those who prey on the weak and vulnerable, from domestic abusers, to Ariel Castro-style kidnappers, to pedophile priests. Though they may be on top right now, he assures them that it’s only a matter of time before karma comes back to bite them in the ass. In addition to having a theme we can all get behind, this cut is a prime example of how to mix genres effectively; Weezy, if you’re really determined to make Rebirth 2, you should be taking notes. Watch for the Therapy EP to hit record stores and online retailers November 5, via Tech’s own Strange Music label.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.