When I try to envision Tech N9ne recording music, the image in my head looks less like your typical snapshot of a rapper in the booth than a still from a Godzilla flick. To paraphrase his latest single, his sh*t is so Hard, it’s like A Monster Made It. Here, a menacing, organ-led Seven production accompanies the Strange Music capo as he goes toe-to-toe with his most recent signee. Rather than attempting to emulate his new boss’s breakneck flows, West Coast underground mainstay MURS stays in his lane. In his confident closing 16, he explains, “I don’t rap fast, I’mma leave that up to Tech and ‘em / Ces, Bernz, Krizz, Rittz, Wrek, and the rest of ‘em.” For more scorching bars from Tech and his many connects, cop his collabo album Strangeulation, out now.
UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals for Hard.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.