When I try to envision Tech N9ne recording music, the image in my head looks less like your typical snapshot of a rapper in the booth than a still from a Godzilla flick. To paraphrase his latest single, his sh*t is so Hard, it’s like A Monster Made It. Here, a menacing, organ-led Seven production accompanies the Strange Music capo as he goes toe-to-toe with his most recent signee. Rather than attempting to emulate his new boss’s breakneck flows, West Coast underground mainstay MURS stays in his lane. In his confident closing 16, he explains, “I don’t rap fast, I’mma leave that up to Tech and ‘em / Ces, Bernz, Krizz, Rittz, Wrek, and the rest of ‘em.” For more scorching bars from Tech and his many connects, cop his collabo album Strangeulation, out now.
UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals for Hard.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.