When I try to envision Tech N9ne recording music, the image in my head looks less like your typical snapshot of a rapper in the booth than a still from a Godzilla flick. To paraphrase his latest single, his sh*t is so Hard, it’s like A Monster Made It. Here, a menacing, organ-led Seven production accompanies the Strange Music capo as he goes toe-to-toe with his most recent signee. Rather than attempting to emulate his new boss’s breakneck flows, West Coast underground mainstay MURS stays in his lane. In his confident closing 16, he explains, “I don’t rap fast, I’mma leave that up to Tech and ‘em / Ces, Bernz, Krizz, Rittz, Wrek, and the rest of ‘em.” For more scorching bars from Tech and his many connects, cop his collabo album Strangeulation, out now.
UPDATE: We’ve added the brand new visuals for Hard.
Written by richard on 04/4/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.