When I hear the word “Fragile,” I think of my grandma’s china, newborn babies and the like. I most definitely don’t think of Tech N9ne‘s music, most of which is so hard-hitting and aggressive I’d be afraid to play it in the same room as infants or china plates. With that said, you could likely get away with spinning Tech’s latest single in a nursery—assuming you weren’t worried about bad language. The beat, a collaborative effort by ¡MAYDAY!, Ralfy “FAFA” Valencia and Danny “Keys” Perez, is downright soothing, as are Wrekonize and Kendall Morgan‘s hook vocals. But there’s nothing soft about the Strange Music general’s bars; Tech and guest lyricist Kendrick Lamar attack the beat in characteristically fast and furious fashion, the latter turning in an especially aggressive performance on the mic. Fans will be able to find this cut, the previously-featured So Dope and many more bangers on new album Something Else, set to hit record stores and online retailers on Tuesday, July 30.
Update: We have added the Director’s Cut visuals for the Tech’s Fragile single.
Written by richard on 02/10/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Sickology 101 ft. Crooked I & Chino XL" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.