Since last we featured Teairra Mari on the solo tip, the pop songstress has undergone yet another in a long line of label switches, leaving Warner Bros. for Rico Love‘s Division 1. Mari’s first single at her new home, U Did Dat, finds the singer expressing her devotion to a new man over Rico Love and D-Town slow-burning synth grooves. Is this joint appealing enough to get Teairra’s endlessly-delayed, currently-untitled debut album on track for release? Debate away—and keep it locked for all the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 12/2/11
Submit your Rating
Division 1/Universal Motown
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"No No No" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.